Covenant United Church of Christ
High School Scholarship Requirements and Deadlines
- Qualified applicant's attendance at a 4 year institution must begin no later than the fall following their high school graduation.
- State your official date of membership, (must be on or before January 1, 2018) at Covenant United Church of Christ (if unsure contact the church office).
- You must print your completed application. Make sure all information is filled out completely before you submit your application.
- Apply for an Official Final Transcript (transcript must show date of graduation). Please mail to:
Covenant United Church of Christ –
**Attention CUCC Scholarship Committee.
1130 E 154th Street
South Holland, IL 60473
Secure a receipt for transcript and include a copy of it in your completed packet.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation on official letterhead from two of the following sources:
- High School Instructor or Counselor
- Active Church Member
- Professional Affiliation
- Community Organization
The letters must indicate why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship. The writer must include their signature, email and/or phone number.
- Print copies to submit to the committee and copies for your own records. Obtain signatures from your ministry leader, Sunday School or Bible Study teacher.
- Please review your checklist. You will be contacted by a member of the Scholarship Committee after receiving your application to schedule an appointment to write your essay.
*Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “CUCC Scholarship” and placed in the Scholarship box, (on top of the ministry mailboxes) near the church office. Members of the committee will be in the Narthex following both worship services to answer questions, give out applications, and receive completed applications, on April 7th, May 19th and June 2nd, 2019.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is June 2, 2019.
Please note: Late or incomplete applications will not be processed.
Applicant must show proof of registration (12 or more credit hours). Mail information to the attention of CUCC SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE no later than September 1, 2019.
No checks will be issued after September 15, 2019.