Since you excel in so many ways - you have so much faith, such enthusiasm, and such love for us - now I want you to excel also in this gracious ministry of giving. 2 Corinthians 8:7 (NLT)
Ways To Give
1. Click "Donate Now" button at the bottom of this page.
2. Cash App to $bwslifecenterCUCC
3. Mail checks to Covenant United of Christ
1130 East 154th Street
South Holland, IL 60473
4. Text "Assist" to 708-315-2626
5. Download the GIVE+ app from iTunes or GooglePlay.
6. Give through ZELLE at 708-927-9128
What the Bible says about giving:
Giving is a vital part of spiritual formation and maturity. It requires two things of us:
- Faith - Giving is an active expression of my faith. It recognizes God as my True Provider. It affirms my confidence in His ability to supply all I need. It is an act of gratitude and dependence and allows me to partner with God and His work through my church and in the world.
- Faithfulness - Giving requires the highest standard of personal integrity and discipline. It is not a casual or occasional thing. In 2 Corinthians 8-9, the Bible teaches us to give willingly, generously and cheerfully. Our giving pattern should reflect a regular and systematic plan. In Malachi 3:10, we learn God's standard of the tithe as the first tenth being set apart in all of our earnings as a gift to God. Through our tithes and offerings, we prove faithful in the stewardship of all God has provided for us.
With these two principles in mind, the opportunity to give online is available to prioritize and expedite your personal plan for giving.
The benefits of online giving
You can prioritize giving in your budget.
The Bible indicates that giving is to be a first and not a last or leftover matter in life. Read Proverbs 3:9-10. It is easy to let our standards and intentions be compromised by the pressures of expenses and billing cycles.
You can increase your faithfulness.
Have you ever forgotten your gift, left it at home, or pledged to double it in the future? Had times where you have fallen behind because of travel or other schedule interruptions? Online giving provides a way to strengthen your faithfulness.
You can help your church.
Through online giving, you expedite your gift, simplify our accounting, and strengthen our base of regular support.
You can encourage faith and faithfulness in the lives of fellow believers.
As you plan and prioritize your giving, you will lead the way for others to grow and mature in their spiritual stewardship. Being a forerunner in this new area of planned giving, you can provide personal testimony and an example for others to follow.